Everyone one loves Young Life t-shirts. Young Life t-shirts are the crown jewel of all Young Life apparel. It is like Young Life currency between Young Life kids, leaders, staff, etc. But there are so many other things that we can put the Young Life logo on that will help build the Young Life brand in our communities.
You will need to figure out if you are going to sell these items, give them away or a combination of the two. If kids are used to paying for Young Life t-shirts in your area then you should sell the majority of these. But, if you give Young Life kids free t-shirts and apparel, then you should give them away.
I am only saying you need a few of each, on hand. We are not a camp store. Use your judgement here.
1. Extra Young Life t-shirts. There will be plenty of places throughout the year where can give away Young Life t-shirts. Yes, Club; but many other places as well. Having a few extra on hand can be a great resource for your Young Life area.
2. Young Life hoodies or fleece. We live in a cold weather climate. People in our area wear hoodies and fleeces as much as they wear t-shirts. The need for us to have Young Life hoodies and fleeces on hand is a huge need. We gave all of the leaders in our area a Young Life hoodie as a gift this year.
3. Young Life car stickers. If you walk through the parking lots at most high schools were they have Young Life, you will see lots of cars with a Young Life sticker in the back. At one of our high schools, the Young Life students all parked by each other. On any given day you would see 30-50 cars in the parking lot with a Young Life sticker in the back.
4. Young Life mobile phone & tablet cases. Custom or logo cell phone cases and tablet cases are hot right now. You see many companies giving away cell phone cases or tablets cases, if you purchase a certain amount of times or dollar amount in a store. Or you see companies giving them away as frequent purchased gifts. A cell phone cases says a lot about what we value.
5. Young Life pens. Young Life pens should be at every banquet, leader meeting, Campaigners and anywhere else. Get them made with your Young Life area info on them. Give them away to others. Re-order often.
6. Creative promotional products. How about ear buds with your Young Life logo? Or sunglasses with your Young Life logo? The sky is the limit and maybe some resources. See what kids are wearing or consuming that you can use to creating Young Life branding in your area.
Unfortunately, in Young Life we have to create our own brand equity many times in our own community. Having the right promo materials for kids, leaders, donors, parents, etc can go a long way in which creating that. The visual representation of Young Life and the Young Life logo through Young Life gear, can help in the brand equity in your community.
Do you have other ideas for Young Life promotional products for Young Life areas? Leave a comment.