Young Life parent meeting should be engaging and interactive. But, many times we have one person up front that just talks to parents and students in the crowd. We can create ways to connect with parents in cool ways.
1. Create a place to share photos from your camp trip. Use a place like Flickr to create an online album, that is password protected, for kids and leaders to share their pictures for camp. Then all parents and kids can
2. Create a text to join group for parents and kids for camp. We use a service called eztexting for all of our are text messaging needs. You can create a text to join short code for each of our summer camp trips. Have parents and kids join the same texting group.
3. Share your social media sites for parents to join. You can promote your Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram account at your parent meeting for Camp. Many times the most increase we see all year around our social media sites, is summer camp.
4. Set a QR Code for parents to make final payments for camp with a credit card from their smartphone. Many parents will drop off checks and forms at your summer camp parent meeting. If you have a QR Code that takes them directly to the camp payment link for your specific camp trip, they will get the money to you.
5. Create an video from Keynote with your voice over for parents that miss the meeting. Keynote (a Mac presentation program) you can record a voice over your Keynote. After you do your voice over you can export your Keynote presentation, with your voice over, to a QuickTime video. Then upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and share it with the parents that missed the meeting.
Do you have any ideas are engaging parents for a summer camp parent meeting? Leave a comment!