There are things on this list that are simple and more that are complex. At the minimum do first two strategies on this list. You can do as many more of them as you would like.
- Post some pictures and/or video of kids and parents at the bus before leaving.
- Post that the bus is on its way to camp.
- Do a couple video interviews with campers and/or leaders on the way to camp.
- Check in on Foursquare or another check in service when you stop at places to eat along the way.
- Check in on Foursquare or another check in service when you cross over state lines.
- Check in on Foursquare or another check in service or post when you arrive at camp.
- Share pictures and videos throughout the week of camp. Here are some examples:
- Cabin pictures of the obstacle course.
- Cabin pictures of the volleyball tournament.
- Kids doing rides at camp.
- Kids hanging out during free time.
- Dress up nights.
- Square dance.
- Program and speaker. Remember to not intrude on the experience of the people around you at camp.
- Video of leaders sharing their experiences of the week.
- Shoot testimonies of kids at camp on the last day. You will have pristine surroundings and time to do them. These are great banquet videos.
- Do a live stream of club at camp. You can check out my post of how to do this, here – http://yldigital.com/2012/02/21/how-to-live-stream-your-next-young-life-event. If you are going to live stream make sure you do without anyone around you noticing.
Sign up HERE to download YL Digital’s complete guide to social media and summer camp!